May 8 - 18th
Perfomances: Free on Youtube beginning May 19th!
Produced by Hilarie Mukavitz
Are you going through theater withdrawal while you're staying safe at home? Missing the stage lights and long nights at rehearsal?
Join Studio Players for our first ever KEEP CALM and ACT ON Digital Theater Festival!
How it works:
1) Sign up as an Actor or Playwright by May 6th. (Actors can be a single person, or any group of people who already live together.)
2) On May 8th writing/acting teams will be announced and given a random line that MUST be included in the play/sketch.
3) Actors will show/tell their playwright about a prop from home (the stranger the better!)
4) Playwrights have from May 8-11 to write an original 2-10 minute play/sketch and email it to their Actor(s). We will have a writer's guide for you.
5) Actors have from May 12-18 to rehearse and record their performance on Zoom.
6) Studio Players will upload the video to the Sheboygan Theatre Company YouTube Channel for everyone to see. (Debuting soon!) *Note: all performances will be previewed and any with adult language or themes will require a login to view per YouTube standards.
While as much creativity as possible is encouraged, we do have one important rule... make no mention of the pandemic!
Sign up on Google Docs
Email Event Producer Hilarie Mukavitz at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.